Reporting an Absence
If your child feels “under the weather” please provide appropriate relief/medication and send them to school whenever possible. We expect your child to attend if they have a minor illness that can be managed in school.
Please refer to the School Absence Leaflet for guidance on illness and minor ailments. If you would like the academy to administer medicine during the day, please complete the form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All medicine needs to be clearly labelled with your child's full name and brought to the office by an adult.
- Day 1 of absence – Inform the school before 9:00am of the reason and expected date of return of your child, plus any medical advice given or visits made. Please ensure you provide details of symptoms. You can inform the school by email, in app message, telephone or voicemail.
- Day 3 of absence – Update the school on your child’s progress, any medical advice given and confirmation of when your child will return, especially if the condition worsens.
- Day 5 onward – Update the school on your child’s progress.
- Medical evidence will be required for five days of absence or more. This includes absence relating to sickness and diarrhoea - Please click on the link for acceptable medical evidence - Medical Evidence
- Sickness or diarrhoea - children can return 48 hours after the last episode of sickness or loose bowels.
- Sickness and diarrhoea - children can return 48 hours after the last episode of either ailment.
It is a parent/carers responsibility to inform the school of an absence, please note if the above procedure is not followed and contact has not been made, we may undertake a home visit. In addition, a random selection of home visits may take place for families who have contacted the school. The safety of our children is our number one priority.
To report an absence please either call us on 846171 or leave an answerphone message. Alternatively you can email the school office:
If a reason for absence is not provided within 7 days, the absence will be recorded as unauthorised.