At Croxby Primary, we view the safeguarding of our children to be of paramount importance and believe that all our children have the right to be safe, happy and learn. Everyone who works in, volunteers at or visits our academy has a responsibility to make this happen.
We will ensure that;
- The welfare of all of our children remains paramount at all times.
- All suspicions and concerns raised regarding safeguarding matters will be taken seriously and our response will be swift and appropriate.
- All adults working or volunteering at our academy will be made aware of our academy’s safeguarding arrangements and the importance of reporting any concerns to the appropriate people.
Key Safeguarding Contacts:
If you have safeguarding concerns about any pupils or adults in the academy, you may wish to contact one of the following adults;
Mrs C Neighbour – Designated Safeguarding Lead
Mrs N Moore - Child Protection Coordinator
If you would prefer you may wish to speak to the academy’s Chair of Governors (Mr D Shaw) or Designated Safeguarding Governor (Mr C Ayre) who can be contacted via the academy’s contact details.
If you have any safeguarding concerns about a member of staff in the academy you may wish to speak to the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO). The Academy’s LADOs are Jayne Hammill and Siobhon Bath who can be contacted on 01482 396999
If you have a concern about a child or adult at the academy and would like to speak to someone not linked to the academy or it is a time when the academy is not open you could ring one of the following numbers.
East Riding Safeguarding and Partnership Hub 01482 395500 or 01482 393939 (out of office hours)
Hull Safeguarding Children Partnership 01482 379090 or 01482 379091 (out of office hours)
If you have immediate concerns about a child’s safety you must phone the police on 999.
The following links will take you to the academy’s relevant policies and documents regarding our safeguarding procedures within the academy.
- Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy
- COVID 19 Addendum to Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy
- E-Safety Policy
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
You may also find the following links helpful: