Free Childcare Arrangements
The Local Authority (LA) is required to secure free places offering 570 hours childcare a year, over no fewer than 38 weeks of the year, and up to 52 weeks of the year, for every eligible child in the LA from the relevant dates outlined. Children are eligible for free childcare from the relevant dates (outlined below) up until the beginning of the term following their fifth birthday.
With regards to the age criteria, pupils will be eligible as follows:
• Born between 1 January-31 March: eligible from the start of term beginning on, or following, 1 April after the child’s third birthday
• Born between 1 April-31 August: eligible from the start of term beginning on, or following 1 September after the child’s third birthday
• Born between 1 September-31 December: eligible from the start of term beginning on or following 1 January after the child’s third birthday
The school can accommodate a maximum of 13 nursery children per session. We offer 30 hours free childcare as an extension to the universal 15 hours free childcare for families that qualify for this provision. We do not offer additional hours on a ‘pay as you’ go service.
Nursery children are offered three hours of free childcare daily:
15 hours can be allocated as below:
• Mornings – 8:45am-11:45am every day or
• Afternoons – 12:15pm -3:15pm every day or
Monday and Tuesday full days and Wednesday morning or
Wednesday afternoon, Thursday, and Friday full days.
30 hours is every day 8.45am to 3.15pm
Please refer to our Nursery Admissions Policy below for further information
Your child will need to wear our Croxby uniform
What my child will need to bring with them
- A drink of water every day
- A snack (optional)
- A packed lunch if staying full days
- A small bag with a change of clothes (nappies/wipes etc if applicable).
Our wrap around care provision is not currently available for nursery children.
To register interest, application forms can be collected from the office.
Please do not hesitate to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.